Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Mark Shea on Impeachment

. . . I think that's just about it for me. If Corsi's assessment is accurate, then I say, Impeach George Bush. Yes, I'm aware Lincoln did something similar. I'm uninterested in excuses. The United States is not embroiled in a civil war. This is a power grab more despicable than Roosevelt's scheme to pack the Supreme Court. And undertaken by a man who has shown himself to be shockingly incompetent in dealing with the issue that he himself has decided his presidency must stand or fall upon: American security and the war in Iraq. Giving this man (much less all his successors in perpetuity) the power to make themselves dictator solely on their own discretion is insane. Fire the guy. Consign this disastrous novelty to the flames of political perdition.

The biggest mistake I ever made in my civic life was voting (twice, alas!) for George W. Bush.

SOURCE: Catholic & Enjoying It May 23, 2007.